GMC Yukon Chevrolet Tahoe 2007-2014 Oil Maintenace Light Reset
How to Reset the Engine Oil Life System
Reset the system whenever the engine oil is changed so that the system can calculate the next engine oil change. Always reset the engine oil life to
100% after every oil change. It will not reset itself. To reset the system on most vehicles:
1. Display the OIL LIFE REMAINING on the Driver Information Center. If the vehicle does not have Driver Information Center buttons, the
vehicle must be in P (Park) to access this display.
2. Press and hold the SET/RESET button on the Driver Information Center, or the trip odometer reset stem if the vehicle does not have Driver
Information Center buttons, for more than five seconds. The oil life will change to 100%.
On all vehicles, the Engine Oil Life System can be reset as follows:
1. Turn the ignition to ON/RUN with the engine off.
2. Fully press the accelerator pedal slowly three times within five seconds.
3. Display the OIL LIFE REMAINING on the Driver Information Center. If the display shows 100%, the system is reset.
If the vehicle has a CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON message and it comes back on when the vehicle is started and/or the OIL LIFE REMAINING is
near 0%, the engine oil life system has not been reset. Repeat the procedure.