Ford Ranger Immobilizer-Key Programming Guide
Ford Ranger key programming
WOW! YOU ARE HERE!
You are lucky to be here. Because i will tell you on how to Program your Key!
DID YOU KNOW! EVEN WITHOUT THE SCAN TOOL YOU CAN STILL PROGRAM YOUR IMMOBILIZER KEY?
WE ARE LUCK HAVING THIS FORD RANGER.
PLEASE FOLLOW THE SIMPLE INSTRUCTION BELOW!
FIRST WHEN DO YOU NEED TO PROGRAM YOUR KEY?
- When System malfunction: LED in instrument panel remains ON for 1 minute or flashes at regular intervals for 1 minute, then flashes at irregular intervals.
- When Key added or replaced.
IF THE ABOVE SCENARIO OCCURS THEN YOU NEED TO PROGRAM YOUR KEY.
This programming procedure no scan tool needed.
HOW TO PROGRAM?
- Within 10 seconds:
- Obtain 2 programmed keys (A and B). Insert key A into ignition switch.
- Turn ignition switch to position II(IGNITION ON ONLY). Switch ignition OFF. Remove key A. Insert key B into ignition switch. Turn ignition switch to position II (IGNITION ON ONLY). Switch ignition OFF.
- Remove key B. Programming mode now activated. Within 20 seconds:
- Insert key to be programmed into ignition switch. Turn ignition switch to position II(IGNITION ON ONLY).
Switch ignition OFF. Remove key.
- Repeat above procedure to program remaining keys.
- To exit programming mode switch ignition OFF, remove key, wait 5 seconds. Using new programmed key, switch ignition ON and start engine.
- If engine does not start and LED in instrument panel flashes: Switch ignition ON. Wait at least 20 seconds.
- Switch ignition OFF. Repeat programming procedure.
- Keys can also be programmed using diagnostic equipment.NOTE: A maximum of 8 keys can be programmed.