Chevrolet Impala 2000 Oil Life Maintenance Reset
The revived Impala is an all-new sedan introduced for 2000; it replaces the uninspired Lumina. It’s a cousin of the Oldsmobile Intrigue and Pontiac Grand Prix, among others. Options include a driver-only side air bag and a tire-inflation monitoring system. Engine choices are GM’s 3.4- and 3.8-liter pushrod V6s. Handling is responsive, and the ride is supple and controlled. The rear seat looks roomy but is actually too low, short, and uncomfortable. The Impala is fairly quiet and its controls mostly work well, but some of the plastic interior trim surfaces look and feel cheap. The trunk is roomy.
Oil Change Reminder Lamp: Service and Repair
Oil Life System Resetting
Follow this procedure to reset the Oil Life System
1. Turn the ignition to ON without starting the engine.
2. Fully press and release the accelerator pedal three times within five seconds.
If the CHG OIL SOON indicator flashes two times, the system is resetting.
3. Turn the key to OFF, then start the vehicle. If the CHG OIL SOON light comes back on, the system has not reset, repeat the procedure
Follow this procedure to reset the GM Oil Life System (TM) using the DE 100 Series Radio (R)
1. Turn the ignition to ACC or ON and the radio off.
2. Press and hold the DISP button on the radio for at least five seconds until SETTINGS is displayed.
3. Press the SEEK up or down arrow to scroll though the main menu
4. Scroll until OIL LIFE appears on the display.
5. Press the PREV or NEXT button to enter the submenu. RESET will be displayed.
6. Press the DISP button to reset. A chime will be heard to verify the new setting and DONE will be displayed for one second.
7. Once the message has been reset, scroll until EXIT appears on the display.
8. Press the DISP button to exit programming. A chime will be heard to verify the exit.
Bolt,Camaro,Caprice,Captiva,CaptivaSport,Colorado,Corvette,Cruze,Equinox,Express,Impala,Lanos,Lova RV,Malibu,N200,N300,Name,Niva,Onix,Orlando,Prisma Mk.II,S-10,Sail,Silverado,Silverado HD,Sonic,Sonic,Spark,Spark,Spin,Sport Car,SS,Subcompact,Suburban,Tahoe,Tavera,Tracker,Trail Blazer,Traverse,Trax,Volt