Ford Fiesta Oil Life Reset
In 2010, the sixth generation Fiesta (Mark VI) was introduced worldwide, making it the first Fiesta model to be sold in North America since the Fiesta Mark I was discontinued at the end of 1980.
Ford has sold over 16 million Fiestas since 1976, making it one of the best selling Ford marques behind the Escort and the F-Series.
NOTE: This procedure resets the oil life telltale in the Instrument Panel Cluster
(IPC), and the oil change reminder message in the message center display.
1. Press the brake and accelerator pedals at the same time.
– For vehicles with push button start, press accelerator pedal only.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position (do not start the engine).
– For vehicles with push-button start, push the start/stop switch and
release quickly. While holding accelerator pedal, depress brake pedal.
3. Keep the pedals fully depressed for a minimum of 20 seconds.
4. Rotate the key to the OFF position.
– For vehicles with push-button start, push the start/stop button to turn
the vehicle off completely.
5. Start the vehicle. Make sure that the oil life telltale is not illuminated in
the IPC, and the oil change reminder message is no longer displayed in the