Ford Edge 2009-2015 Engine Oil Life Reminder Reset
The Ford Edge is a mid size crossover SUV manufactured by Ford Motor Company.
The first generation Edge is based on the Ford CD3 platform shared with the first generation Ford Fusion, Mazda CX-9, first and second generation Mazda 6 and Lincoln MKX. The second generation Edge uses Ford’s CD4 platform.
The Edge is assembled at Ford’s Oakville, Ontario, Canada assembly plant.
Oil Life Reset
NOTE: The oil life calculation is set at a maximum of approximately 16,093 km
(10,000 miles) or 180 days.
NOTE: The XXX’s in the steps below represent a numeric value and displays the
correct number in a percentage. For example, OIL LIFE=XXX% may display OIL
1. Press and release the SETUP button until the message center displays OIL
LIFE=XXX% HOLD RESET=NEW.
2. Press and hold the RESET button for 2 seconds and release to reset the oil
life to 100%.
3. The message center displays OIL LIFE TO 100%.
Engine Oil: Capacity Specifications
With Filter ………………………………………………. 5.2L (5.5 Qt)
Engine Oil: Fluid Type Specifications
Ford Part Name
– Motorcraft SAE 5W-20 Premium Synthetic Blend Motor Oil (US)
– Motorcraft SAE 5W-20 Full Synthetic Motor Oil (US)
– Motorcraft SAE 5W-20 Super Premium Motor Oil (Canada)
– Motorcraft SAE 5W-20 Synthetic Motor Oil (Canada)*
Ford Part Number
– XO-5W20-QSP (US)
– XO-5W20-QFS (US)
– CXO-5W20-LSP12 (Canada)
– CXO-5W20-LFS12 (Canada)
– WSS-M2C930-A and API Certification Mark
*Note: Use of synthetic or synthetic blend motor oil is not mandatory. Engine oil
need only meet the requirements of Ford specification WSS-M2C930-A and the API