Honda Accord 2002-2007 ECM/PCM Idle Learn Tutorial
ECM/PCM Idle Learn Procedure
The idle learn procedure must be done so the ECM/PCM can learn the engine idle
Do the idle learn procedure whenever you do any of these actions:
– The ECM/PCM is replaced.
– The ECM/PCM is reset.
NOTE: Erasing DTCs with the HDS does not require you to do the idle learn
– The throttle body is replaced or cleaned.
1. Make sure all electrical items (A/C, audio, rear window defogger, lights,
etc.) are off.
2. Reset the ECM/PCM with the HDS.
3. Turn the ignition switch ON (II), and wait for 2 seconds.
4. Start the engine, and hold it at 3,000 rpm without load (in Park or neutral)
until the radiator fan comes on, or until the engine coolant temperature
reaches 194 °F (90 °C).
5. Let the engine idle for about 5 minutes with the throttle fully closed.
NOTE: If the radiator fan comes on, do not include its running time in the 5