BMW F25 X3 Engine Oil Maintenance Reminder Reset Guide
BMW F25 X3 Engine Oil Maintenance Reminder Reset
The F25 is the second generation of BMW X3 being released in 2010 for the 2011 model year. For this generation production moved from Austria to BMW’s US factory in Greer, South Carolina.
The F25-based X3 is almost as large as the original E53 series X5.
At launch, all models use all-wheel drive, badged as xDrive. Transmission choices are a six-speed manual or eight-speed ZF 8HP automatic transmission. The emission standard for all engines is Euro 5. A rear-wheel drive only model called sDrive was added to the range in some markets in 2012.
Production of the X3 at BMW’s United States plant in Greer, South Carolina started on 1 September 2010. The two millionth vehicle built at BMWUSM, a vermilion red metallic X3 xDrive35i with Oyster Nevada interior and an M Sport Package, was driven by BMW Associate Terry Gardner, a 16-year BMW veteran, with accompanying associates Renita Williams, Trung Phan and Olga Yurchenko. These associates represent teams from each of the plant’s manufacturing technologies: Body, Paint and Assembly. The vehicle was retained on display at the Spartanburg Plant to commemorate the milestone.
- Turn ignition to Terminal 15, which is one turn of the key or one press of the START/STOP button.
- Press and hold the SET/RESET button on the instrument cluster for 10 seconds.
- The upper display will be illuminated with a service item.
- The lower display will indicate the remaining time or mileage left for the service item.
- Pressing the button repeatedly will allow the display to scroll through all of the condition based service items.
- Press and hold the SET/RESET button again and the lower display will indicate “OK” or “DUE”.
- Pressing the SET/RESET button again will allow the “RESET” to appear in the lower display for that service.
- Releasing and reapplying the button one more time will reset the service displayed in the upper window only.
- Press the start/stop button once (do not start the engine).
- Press and hold the SET/RESET button until the service indicator light appears.
- Press the SET/RESET button repeatedly to scroll the service menu.
- With the oil change interval highlighted, press and hold the SET/RESET button.
- When “RESET” appears,release the SET/RESET button and press and hold again.
- Reset complete when “OK” and new mileage appears.
- Turn ignition off.