9 Steps BMW Z SERIES TPMS Reset
The BMW Z models are traditionally roadsters manufactured by the German automaker BMW beginning with the Z1. The Z range has been produced in four different series with five generations, including coupe variants, one super car, and one concept.
The 1989 Z1 was a limited production European run for BMW, whereas the 1996 Z3 was the first mass-produced roadster for BMW. The original Z in Z1 stood for Zukunft (German for future). The only current Z model is the second generation of the Z4 series.
9 Steps BMW Z SERIES Series TPMS Reset
1. Inflate all tires to pressure listed on tire placard.
2. Turn ignition to ON position (engine off).
3. Press and release the MENU button on the EVIC until the message RETRAIN TIRE SENSOR-NO is displayed.
4. Press the STEP button to select YES.
5. Press the MENU button to start the relearn process. The EVIC will display the message,TRAIN LEFT FRONT TIRE.
6. Starting at LF tire, place relearn magnet over valve stem until horn sounds.
7. After horn sounds, proceed as in step 5 for the next 3 sensors in this order: RF, RR, LR, SP (ifequipped).
8. Once the EVIC displays the message TRAINING COMPLETE, depress the STEP, C/T, RESET,or MENU buttons to exit the relearn procedure.
IF THE ABOVE PROCEDURE IS NOT APPLICABLE TO YOU. PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTION BELOW.
AUTO RELEARN: Ensure all tires are inflated to the pressure listed on the tire placard. Vehicle
must be driven for at least 10 minutes while maintaining speed above 15mph in order for the
system to learn new sensor IDs.